So as summers are around the corner, we all know the hazards of ultraviolet rays of sun on our skin. In India, due to scorching heat especially in summers, tanning is common. Going out in sun is unavoidable. For one or other reason, we have to be outdoors and then, what?
A suntan can give way to skin burns, rashes, redness and dullness. Summers are the time when we prefer outings and vacations on the beach or anywhere. People who travel a lot due to their jobs or go out in the sun for any purpose are more prone to tanning.
What is tanning?
Tanning is the process when skin colour gets darkened or tanned due to exposure of UVA and UVB rays from the sun or other artificial sources.
Reasons for Tanning:
A chemical released by our body Melanin is responsible for tanning. The more exposure to UVA rays from the sun, the more melanin our body releases. So, first of all, we have to limit our exposure in the sun.
How to protect our skin from tanning:
- Avoid going out in the sun from 10 a.m to 4 p.m.
Plan your day in advance.
- Protect the skin from sun rays as much as possible. When out in the sun, try to seek shade.
- Keep your exposed body parts covered. Use umbrellas, hats, scarves to cover your body parts when out in sun.
- Use sunscreens, no matter which season or weather. Re-apply every 2 hours.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drink plenty of liquid. Carry a bottle of water with yourself when going out.
How to remove skin tan naturally.
- Mix one tbsp of each lemon juice, cucumber juice and rose water. Dab it on affected skin generously. Use it twice a day for effective results. You can prepare in a small batch and store it for a week in the refrigerator.
- Mix 1 tbsp gram flour (besan) and 1 pinch turmeric with raw milk or rose water. Apply on your affected skin. Leave it for 15-20 mins and rinse it with plain water. Use every alternate day.
- Mix 1 tbsp gram flour, 1 tbsp mashed raw papaya with curd. Apply this mask on the affected area. Keep it for 15 mins and wash it off with plain water. Use every alternate day.
- Mix 1 tbsp red lentil (masoor dal) powder,1 tbsp aloe vera gel with 1 tbsp tomato pulp. Apply this paste on the affected area. Leave it for 15-20 mins and wash it off with plain water. Use every alternate day.
- Mix 2 tbsp papaya with 1 tbsp honey, Mix it well and apply on the affected area for 10-15 mins. Later rinse it off with plain water. Use this remedy every alternate day.
- Mix curd with 1 tbsp tomato paste. Apply on tanned skin for 10-15 mins, wash it off with plain water. Use this remedy every alternate day.
- Mix 1 tbsp curd with 1 tbsp orange juice, apply on tanned skin for 10-15 mins. Rinse it off with plain water. Use it every alternate day.
- Mix 1 tbsp each of potato juice and cucumber juice. Dab it on tanned skin. Wash it off with plain water after keeping for 10 mins. Use it twice a day till you get effective results.
- Mix 1 tbsp potato juice and 1 tbsp lemon juice and dab on tanned skin twice a day. Later rinse it off with plain water.
- Mix 2 tbsp raw milk with 1 pinch of turmeric and dab it on tanned skin twice a day for effective results. Rinse with plain water after 10-15 mins.
All these remedies are made from natural ingredients so they won’t harm, however, patch test recommended. Some people are allergic to milk. Also, lemon should be avoided on sensitive skin.
Do you have any useful tip to share? Also, let me know which one you found useful?
Hope you liked it. Do not forget to spread some love by liking and sharing with others too.
Keep reading, Stay connected.❤